The Production Scheduler leads the efforts to ensure our facility and human resources are utilized at the highest level of productivity possible while meeting the requirements of internal and external customers. It is the job of the Production Scheduler to convert the production plan into a production schedule while maintaining the commitments of each project within the plan. This will require constant and effective communication with the Production Planner. The production scheduler is responsible for releasing, managing and reporting production orders complete. The Production Scheduler is accountable for the accuracy and maintenance of all applicable scheduling data; including applicable workcenter data and production routings. Production Scheduler is a position that requires a committed individual who is capable of receiving and processing information from a variety of sources and converting them to production schedules that are critical to the success of the company. A wide degree of creativity and latitude for appropriate decision making is expected of the Production Scheduler.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and/or maintain an integrated production schedule that optimizes the utilization of fabrication and assembly resources while minimizing lead times. This is a continuous function, attempting to consistently utilize our capabilities to their fullest and adjusting to unforeseen issues. Our customers’ needs, as well as internal procedures must always be considered.
• Work directly with shop supervisors to release, manage and report production orders complete. The Production Scheduler is responsible for developing the production schedule while the shop supervisor is responsible for executing the schedule.
• Interface with project managers to manage material supply to production orders including; ensuring that items are located appropriately within BOM, adding items as required and removing unnecessary items from BOM.
• Communicate with Production Planner to ensure that delivery capabilities are reflected in the production plan.
• Interface with other departments to monitor progress of existing projects and to stay informed of pending orders, potential changes, etc.
• Promptly inform Manufacturing management regarding any foreseen lulls or peaks in the work load of any aspect of the production process so that alternative uses for existing resources or outsourcing can be considered in a timely manner.
• Oversee all BAAN data related to workcenters. This includes, but is not limited to, workcenter capabilities (hours and manpower) and cost center relationships. It is critical that BAAN data accurately reflect current conditions. In addition the Production Schedule is responsible for constantly evaluating the need for additional or fewer workcenters in order to create and maintain an effective schedule and to support changes in shop processes.
• Create and maintain routings for both fleet (standard and non-standard) and Engineered Products. This includes responsibility for maintaining the routings within budget codes for standard equipment.
• Work to optimize the production schedule to achieve corporate goals of revenue and profitability.
High school diploma is required. Formal education in a related field (industrial engineering, industrial management, etc.) is preferred. Certification in related fields (purchasing, inventory management, material planning, etc.) is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three years experience in a purchasing, planning, or scheduling function
• Five years experience with ERP concepts and their application.
• A self-starter, highly motivated, capable of working independently, unsupervised, and with a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail. Must have strong analytical and decision skills.
• Understand, or be able to quickly learn and understand, the capabilities and limitations of every aspect of our production process.
• Be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Be able to recognize the importance of individual projects and prioritize accordingly.
• Be able to manage multiple priorities.
• Be able and willing to continually grow in knowledge though independent effort
• Thorough understanding of all company safety, environmental, and business policies and practices and compliance with same.
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
• Excellent skills on common computer applications. A working knowledge of enterprise resource planning and project management software is preferred. A proven ability to become proficient with such applications is required.
• Be reliable, dependable, and able to work overtime as needed to achieve desired objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to lead and work effectively in teams
• Experience in industrial equipment packaging is preferred
Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English. Also requires a high degree of persuasive ability, tact, and diplomacy both internally and with coworkers and customers.
Must have the ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to accurately calculate and determine weights, volumes, and distances. Ability to manipulate multi-variable formulas.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Requires the ability to comprehend complex technical, schedule and financial issues and reduce these to effective plans and actions. Individual must use critical judgment to weigh various tangible and intangible factors which affect resource and material availability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the shops where the employee must review work progress is usually loud. Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) must be utilized when conducting some of the tasks required of this position.