The Production Shift Manager will develop and execute the production plan to deliver the business objectives: Safety, Quality, Production volume, cost .... They will direct shift staff and resources to meet production goals in the safest and most efficient manner.|
- Must make sure that health safety procedures and environment policies are followed and company policies are implemented and consistently enforced
- Leads Quality programs to ensure that the final product meets quality standards and includes measures to correct the process when it does not.
- Works to continuously improve the quality of products and to determine the cause of defects.
- Coordinates, set up and implement work instructions and operating procedures for all production activities
- Determines work schedules and overtime, allocation of resources and which machines/production lines will run and resolves problems as they occur.
- Ensures that production schedules are kept to meet customer demand.
- Looks for new ways to improve the productivity/OEE of production lines. This may include implementing training programs, authorizing new hires and working with employees to resolve problems that hinder efficiency and cause delays in production.
- Makes assessment of staffing and skill requirements and accordingly develop plans to address needs.
- Establishes and promotes communication for shift to ensure extended team is well informed and engaged.
- Degree in business management, engineering or business administration. The manager should have 5 to 10 years' experience in a production environment to qualify for the position
- Must have great leadership skills and must be able to work in a team
- Must be able to follow deadlines and work under pressure
- Should have good communication skills
King Systems - 14 months ago