"INGREDIENTS FOR GROWTH" INTERNAL CAREERS PROGRAM AVAILABLE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Production Shift Supervisor
North Kansas City, MO
North America Sweetener & Industrial Solutions
Ingredion Incorporated has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual as a shift supervisor. This position directly manages hourly production employees in accordance with daily productivity, quality and safety goals. This position also ensures compliance with other plant policies including HACCP, GMP, Food Safety, etc. as well as supports both production scheduling and planned & reactive maintenance activities.
Yes- Has direct responsibility for hourly union employees
- Ensure compliance with all Plant Rules
- Ensure compliance with all plant productivity requirements
- Ensure operators are accountable to their job requirements
- Ensure operator staffing is appropriate for shift requirements
- Coordinate/Support compliance with production schedule requirements
- Coordinate all necessary Preventative & Reactive Maintenance requirements
- Support plant cost control initiatives & measures
- Coordinate/Support Plant Loss Accounting (OEE) systems
- Support outside departments, including the lab and maintenance.
SHE & Quality
- Support all safety and quality initiatives, including performing and assisting in investigations.
- Ensure compliance with all plant safety procedures & guidelines.
- Coordinate/Execute plant safety training requirements
- Complete/Execute all required safety & environmental inspections
- Ensure compliance with all Incident & Accident Investigation/ Corrective Action Requirements
- Ensure Workforce compliance with all plant quality procedures & guidelines.
- Ensure all production activities are performed in accordance with all ISO and GMP requirements.
A gility and Innovation
- Supports continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Offers new ideas and thinks outside the box.
- Ensures team adaptability, flexibility, and readiness to change.
- Professionally lead and manage production requirements with direct reports.
- Create an environment conductive to teamwork on shift and with other supervisors.
- Participate and/or lead teams
- Coordinate completion of new hourly employee training programs
- Support employee coaching & counseling guidelines
- Support HR progressive discipline program
- Ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement between USW & Ingredion Incorporated
- Support salaried performance management system & agreed requirements
- Support Plant Management Communication Programs (MEI, Supervisor Development Conference, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR 5 years of demonstrated effective supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiar with SAP
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Assertive, creative, energetic and positive thinking
- Must be available to work any shift
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with little direction and lead others in a challenging, dynamic union work environment
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to affect change through influence and good communication
- Willing to challenge the status quo for continuous improvement
- High level of integrity, sincerity, and humility
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed
Ingredion Incorporated is proud to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) with a generous company match, a pension plan and long term career growth potential.
Ingredion - 15 months ago
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE:INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and...