BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is for a manufacturing support position supporting Utilities and Waste Water Treatment technology. Opportunities for long term career advancement and many interesting challenges exist within this group. Following are a list of the responsibilities for this position:
- Support and role model EHS activities and processes
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with waste management activities
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative processes to achieve compliance with EHS regulations
- Responsible for the coordination, completion and documentation of PSSR/MOC reviews to meet process safety and environmental requirements
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for EHS incidents
- Monitor and provide guidance for the achievement of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets
- Drive consistency and accountability across shifts regarding procedures, performance standards, and conflicts
- Maintain staffing flexibility through operational cross-functional training
- Generate and complete MOCs; revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm they are still valid
- Interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operations
- Participate in finite production planning & scheduling
- Ensure scheduling for shift coverage
- Identify Lean opportunities and support implementation
- Define strategic & non-routine activities, then support scheduling of shift work
- Ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, and operation drawings
- Provide technical and administrative support to operations, maintenance and the business in support of the production plan
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production and quality incidents
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and knowledge transfer for troubleshooting assistance to the Production Execution team
- Work with Maintenance Gatekeeper to set priorities for equipment repairs
- Ensure equipment is ready for maintenance when scheduled
- Function as liaison with service groups and outside contractors to ensure that work related to the production facilities is accomplished correctly, promptly and in the most cost effective manner
- Review and validate production data and production reports
- Interface with scheduling of shipments (products, co-products, waste)
- Participate in the optimization of scheduled and unscheduled downtime
- Coordinate with Asset Management the scheduling / execution of inspections (SIS, PSV, thickness testing, OCI, etc.) work and outages (including catalysts changes within the plant to minimize the impact to the business)
- Promote Autonomous Maintenance and appropriate level of training
- Assign causes and amount of lost production for Asset Effectiveness Tool
- Assist Maintenance Gatekeeper in the coordination, planning, and execution of shutdown or turnaround work including maintenance and capital activities. [This was previously part of Production Execution - Strategic.]
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Bachelors Degree and minimum 5+ years experience in a chemical/petrochemical
or other similar manufacturing environment or minimum 7+ years of
relevant experience in Chemical Plant Operations. Prior experience with gas
turbines, steam systems, and/or waste water treatment preferred.
- Basic understanding of equiment and chemical unit operations.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, TCEQ and other applicable code and regulations and standards.
- Practical experience in plant troubleshooting.
- Team Leader or backup Team Leader experience preferred.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Freeport
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NC/S-Site & Infrastructure Development
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve...