Assists Food & Nutrition Service Department in multiple areas to include: pantry, grill, service specialist, cashier, steward, caterer and cold food production. Responsible for follow up and follow through in assigned production area. Supports and directs the salad bar/servery attendant by producing all related items to effectively service the salad bar and hotline cold stations. Maintains and monitors salad bar, hotline and servery ensuring the highest level of products and service are readily available in a clean and well maintained kitchen, servery and dining room. Takes pride in overall appearance of dining/servery area. Leads by example. Some functions may be specific to a Training Center location, such as, but not limited to, daily job assignments, work environment, and report to structures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the pantry staff follows established par levels for daily production requirements and assists with serving line set up.
- Performs daily inventories of products to ensure inventory meets production demands and waste is limited. Communicates with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef any assistance needs for production.
- Responsible for box lunch production and the coordination of order fulfillment and pick up.
- Responsible for hospitality services products to include salads and cold food products needed ensuring highest quality of products is prepared on time.
- Responsible for following standards for grill production and proper food handling.
- Keeps Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef informed of all pantry, grill, salad bar and hotline recipe concerns to include suggestions for modifications. Ensures clear and concise direction is given to pantry/kitchen staff and front of the house hotline/salad bar attendants resulting in quality production and service at all times. Ensures product is available throughout the meal service.
- Responsible for maintaining food cost by ensuring overproduction and waste are kept to a minimum. Takes the appropriate action to ensure products are consistent, fresh and appealing, and properly prepared.
- Ensures the pantry production staff follows standards for food production and proper food handling. Follows menu rotation provided by Executive Chef. Ensures all meats are pulled and meat prep is completed in a timely manner. Responsible for merchandising and the display of products in assigned area.
- Reports all general maintenance and equipment malfunctions to any management team member on duty. Responsible to train and assist staff on the proper maintenance and use of equipment.
- Assists with hospitality/special events as needed. Assists in all other areas of production to ensure that demand for athlete services is met.
- Ensures staff follows proper food holding/handling, temperature logging and has sanitation water at each station. Collects all production schedules and communicates with Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef on assigned tasks. Cooperate with daily team briefing.
- Reports all incidents/accidents to Management immediately. Completes necessary documentation.
- Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in their area, and fills in as needed to assure efficient operations. Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion and turns in paperwork at end of shift.
- Follows policies and procedures of the USOC, OTC and the department. Complies with OSHA work and Health Department food safety regulations. Upholds USOC code of ethics.
- Maintains a professional demeanor, punctual, neat and clean in appearance, shows respect for equipment, utensils, and supplies, evidence in pride in the department and in their work. Builds and maintains good working relationships with all members of Food & Nutrition Services, and Management team. Provides excellent customer service by demonstrating a “can do and my pleasure” outlook, flexible in approach, pleasant in manner, even tempered, friendly, cooperates with others, patient with unexpected change, helps tasks flow smoothly, is a team player. Contributes to a positive environment. Willingly supports department’s goals of providing World Class Service.
- Embraces and supports Organization’s Olympic Culture and Key USOC Behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals. Follows OSHA regulations.
- Ability to read recipes and understand measurements.
- Ability to effectively lead and guide work team and give direction and train others.
- Ability to display good customer service skill to both internal and external customers.
- Able to communicate effectively and be a team player.
- Maintains confidentiality on USOC and department matters.
- Well groomed, always demonstrates good personal hygiene.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail. Completes all work assignments.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability and desire to do whatever it takes to successfully meet USOC and department mission.
- Adapt to change in a positive manner to support USOC Mission and its departments.
- Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exposed to extreme temperature working conditions.
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting.
- Various repetitive motions to include but not limited to bending, kneeling, and reaching, and ability to lift 50 pounds using the buddy system.
- Must wear safety-lift belt when lifting 50 lbs. or more, or assigned repetitive lifting of over 20 lbs.
- Exposure to chemicals
- Shared workspace.
High School graduate or G.E.D., with ability to read, write and comprehend at a 12th grade level or displays proficiency and write production schedules and follow recipes to comply with nutritional information provided.
- 2 or more years of experience in food production and handling, with knowledge of nutrition on related food production.
- Valid driver’s license to operate department motor vehicles.
- Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as it relates to day–to-day responsibilities and health department regulations. ServSafe certified required.
United States Olympic Committee - 23 months ago
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...