Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
To oversee all Production operations and the daily activities of the Shift Supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other related tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or Plant Manager
- Oversee Supervisors on the Shift
- Ensure that the Company's production and quality expectations are achieved for assigned production area(s)/assembly line(s)
- Ensure customer needs are met
- Act as a liaison with managers and staff and effectively communicate relevant information to those who need to know
- Oversee housekeeping and maintain good housekeeping in work area(s)
- Incorporate safe working procedures into all activities in assigned production area(s)/assembly line(s)
- Display a demeanor and leadership style that is consistent with the Company's values and management philosophy
- Plan, organize, and direct production and assigned quality activities in assigned production area(s)/assembly line(s)
- Maintain product quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Initiate and foster continuous improvement activities
- Initiate and recommend, or provide solutions, through designated channels
- Verify implementation of solutions to problems
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Ensure compliance with Company rules, policies, and practices
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and ensure safe working procedures in assigned production area(s)/assembly line(s)
- Monitor production processes to assure continuous adherence to quality specifications
- Complete performance evaluations/reviews on a timely basis
- Develop Supervisors for potential future advancement
- Consistently follows 5S guidelines for work area
- Appropriately exercise authority and responsibility to stop the production line should a safety or quality issue appear
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Production Manager, Operations Manager or Plant Manager and/or necessary to provide our customer(s) with high quality, on-time
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.S. or equivalent manufacturing experience
DESIRED/PREFFERED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Five to seven years of progressive responsibilities in manufacturing, including three to four years of supervisory experience
Manufacturing and Operations
Automotive Experience North America
Johnson Controls - 2 years ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...