Position Title: Production Superintendent
Reference Job ID:
Position Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary :
To effectively supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in all phases of a plant operation. The Production Superintendent will ensure all production tasks are performed safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR) and our corporate strategy.
Essential Job Functions :
Must be able to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Direct area production, warehouse, and maintenance and sanitation employees in the proper usage of safe manufacturing practices, including the hazards of a particular product being produced.
- Oversee all areas of plant to ensure SQR standards are being met at all time on all products.
- Control raw material and packaging material flow throughout production operation to insure proper rotation and positive material variance.
- Validate proper crewing to maximize line efficiency while minimizing labor costs.
- Validate routine paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate plan needs of the service groups to the needs of the production area. Changeovers, preventative maintenance, waste and material needs for the current and following production day.
- Continually check and exceed safety, quality and reliability of each department and product.
- Communicates any quality defects to all levels of organization for prompt evaluation; involves use of written and verbal communication.
- Communicate and coordinate with all supervisory staff within the plant including, Maintenance, Sanitation, Quality Control and Office.
- Inspect the plant once a day for items that need safety/sanitation attention and address the items that are found.
- Ensure 85% on production lines.
- Carry out corporate GMP’s, personnel and safety policies while maintaining discipline within the plant.
- Support and participate in the plant safety process.
- Ensure that all Laboratory results and Quality Control recommendations are actioned correctly and efficiently. Maintain accurate records pertaining to production standards.
- Develop personnel to the maximum extent of their ability, while maintaining morale.
- Develop and implement methods of getting all employees involved with achieving goals.
- Maintain and improve quality of finished products and reduction of losses due to waste and error.
- Perform other various job functions as assigned
Follow all food safety policies and requirements:
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety related systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in related field and/or 3-5 years equivalent experience and training.
- Requires thorough knowledge of department operations and procedures
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations
- Ability to understand complex verbal and written instructions and basic math.
- Ability to write brief reports and log documentation.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous experience supervising in a manufacturing plant.
- Experience in continuous improvement activities with an emphasis in Lean and Six Sigma strategies.
To be considered for positions, associates must meet the minimum qualifications of the position, apply on-line via the Career Opportunities site and submit the completed Acknowledgement Form (signed by both the current Manager and Division Human Resources Manager).
Associates working in a Division must notify their Human Resources Manager as well as their current manager prior to submitting their resume.
Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Interested associates please apply on-line via the Career Opportunities site (click the Apply Now button) and fax your completed Acknowledgement Form to 513-297-4331 , Manufacturing Human Resources. Your Acknowledgement Form must be received by _______, 2011 by close of business.
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 18 months ago