Build and maintain a team approach through respect and communication at all levels. Supervise, direct, and coordinate activities and personnel in daily operations in the production, case room, cooler, and returned milk departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform essential functions with a high degree of individual initiative with indirect supervision.
- Operate within policy and procedure guidelines established by management.
- Directly responsible for personnel management in the assigned departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules to meet departmental labor requirements.
- Establish and maintain a systems of records i.e.) production sheets, weight check reports, dye check reports, HACCP etc.
- Ensure that individual machine operators complete all tasks associated with running the machine, including but not limited to start up, sanitizing, CIP, weight checks, dye checks, code checks, etc.
- Review and analyze temperature charts to ensure quality product.
- Coordinate with supervisors from other departments to run a safe and efficient operation.
- Perform periodic random inspections of materials, products, and equipment for defects such as top and bottom carton seals, inner foil seals, etc.
- Directly responsible for training of all new employees on proper procedures for all associated equipment and machinery.
- Monitor work areas to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards i.e.) no smoking within the building, no food in the production room, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, etc.
- Generate work orders for routine and preventative maintenance as well as repairs. Maintain a record of open and completed work orders.
- Ensure the proper placement of final product in the cooler.
- Ensure that sanitation standards in the cooler are maintained i.e.) standing water and spilled product.
- Assist the A.M Production Supervisor with ensuring proper product rotation in the cooler.
- Develop relationships with employees to ensure a team oriented operation.
- Attend and participate actively in departmental meetings.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Director of Plant Operations.
Monday through Friday 3am - noon and every other Saturday, additional hours may be required
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5 years of supervisory experience in a food/beverage manufacturing environment
- Able to lift 50lbs. Bending, climbing, lifting, etc, required
- Basic computer skills utilizing programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.; Must be familiar with and be able to operate all machinery and equipment in the assigned departments
- Able to read/speak English required, Polish and Spanish desirable
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Able/willing to work in all plant environments, including, but not limited to, cold storage warehouse, dry storage warehouse, and high noise environments
Dairy Farmers of America - 10 months ago