At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributing to our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry products. We are one of the world’s largest vertically integrated poultry producers with our corporate headquarters in Oakwood, GA (North of Atlanta) and locations throughout the Southeast. We continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding expectations by our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers, and communities. Our growth is your opportunity.
The Production Supervisor will provide direct supervision and leadership for specific production area(s) within the plant.
[Responsibilities and Tasks]
[Minimum Skill Levels and Work Experience]
- Lead and Supervise a staff of up to 50 hourly production employees on a bread and batter poultry processing line.
- Responsible for safety, performance, yields, staffing, time and attendance, training, and corrective actions.
- Follow and enforce company's policies & procedures, Food Safety Guidelines and GMP procedures.
- Work with Quality Assurance Department to ensure all customer specifications and USDA requirements are met.
- Complete daily reporting for department (i.e. production reports, attendance/staffing report, etc.)
- Plan and implement process improvements for products, processes, and efficiencies.
- Lead and actively participate in team meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and customers.
- Successfully Demonstrate competencies in leadership and management, including, but not limited to Planning, Delegation, Conflict Management, Customer Focus, and Sizing Up People.
- Other duties as assigned.
[Preferred Skill Levels and Work Experience]
- High School diploma and 3 to 5 years of supervision or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of production/operations experience in further processing food manufacturing
- Exposure to bread and batter further processing in a meat, poultry, or seafood company.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy.
We seek to hire professionals who add value each day, guide their decisions legally, ethically, and in line with company policy. In return, Wayne Farms is committed to enhancing our employees quality of life by delivering a great work environment, competitive pay, professional development, and an industry leading benefits package including: medical, dental, and eye-care coverage, employer-matched 401(k), disability income protection, life insurance, flex spending accounts and voluntary benefits such as critical illness insurance, accident insurance and long-term care indemnity insurance. If you're interested in this opportunity to join a growing and prosperous company, submit your resume online today!
- Strong bread and batter knowledge in a further processing poultry operation.
Wayne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies : Wayne Farms does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Wayne Farms employees or any other company location. Wayne Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wayne Farms LLC - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Don't ask. A top US poultry business, Wayne Farms is too busy to cross the road. The company processes almost 2 billion pounds of...