This is an exciting opportunity to join a US based, global manufacturing company. This position is responsible for supervising production Team Members in a fast paced Lean Manufacturing environment. Directs and coordinates the activities of several small teams performing assembly, machining, welding, fabricating, and material handling. Applies knowledge of production methods, processes, machines and layout to assure optimal use of available capacity. Responsibilities - Reviews production orders to determine types, quantities, variations, specifications, and proposed delivery of products, then schedules and estimates team member hours and materials needed to complete assignments.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production processes, machine and plant capability, and human resources requirements.
- Reviews production reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to continually minimize costs and enhance productivity and quality.
- Inspects machines to ensure optimal utilization.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, and job orders such as engineering change notices to team members, makes and participates in assignments, and conducts inspections of work.
- Develops measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality. Implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment and tools that improve work flow, efficiency, and team member safety.
- Coordinates production requirements with material handling and participates in the “just-in-time” philosophy.
- Trains new team members including work team leaders. Communicates company philosophies and policies, teaches and demonstrates work routines, and documents performance.
- Maintains records of day-to-day activity including time and materials, process steps, and occurrences.
- May set up and/or verify settings on production machines.
- Initiates communications on employee relations matters such as promotions, transfers, attendance, discipline, work conditions, and personal assistance. Resolves team member grievances and problems, facilitating solutions or forwarding situations to higher authority.
- Conducts review of team leader and team member performance.
- Oversees and participates in the inspection of materials used in the manufacture Genie products.
- Enters and retrieves production information onto a computerized data entry screen or a custom-designed form.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position. Qualifications • Minimum of 6 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong technical ability and understanding of Lean manufacturing Principles.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including experience coaching and training others.
- Strong math skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...