Overview Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity. Responsibilities
Directs and coordinates the activities of Team members performing sub-assembly and material handling. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends and or implements improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions to assure optimal use of available capacity.
- Ensure a safe workplace for all team members
- Plans and assigns work
- Recommends and implements improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to assure optimal use of available capacity
- Ensure system performance to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Lean Manufacturing continuous improvement in safety, quality, and delivery
- Create and manage area budget
- Monitor and reduce costs associated with system
- Determine and maintain proper staffing levels
- Train and coach team members
- Ensure adherence to Genie policies and procedures
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing and production environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong technical ability and understanding of Lean manufacturing principles (TPS, 5S, standard work, waste elimination, etc).
- Demonstrated servant leadership characteristics, must be flexible with strong teamwork orientation.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...