Amtec is seeking a Production Supervisor to work for a leading supplier of instrumentation and control products and services to the oil and gas, chemical/process, transportation, marine and power generation industries. The job is a Contract-to-Direct Hire in Los Angeles, CA.
Under general supervision, this person will organize, coordinate and supervise the daily operations and activities of the production department and perform related work as assigned. He/she will develop an overall production schedule, execute lean manufacturing concepts, and implement process control.
Examples of Essential Functions:
1. Work with Supply Chain Buyer/Planner, production cell leads, customer care, and quality to coordinate, organize, schedule and assign work to production lead personnel given company priorities and needs to ensure that daily and monthly shipping goals are attained.
2. Supervises, selects, trains, assigns and evaluates the work of assigned personnel; maintains and updates training matrix for employees.
3. Communicates and enforces quality and safety standards and ensures production equipment is fully operational.
4. Distributes and maintains updated DPMs, test procedures and SOPs in the department.
5. Prepares and maintains first pass yield logs, daily production performance boards, and other key performance indicators.
6. Oversees and monitors attendance, timecards, time off and performance reviews for production personnel.
7. Prepares and distributes maintenance work orders and monthly reports including job accidents and special reports.
8. Maintains and recommends acquisition or replacement of production equipment, tools and supplies.
9. Recommends staffing deployment and operating improvement in work methods, standards and procedures.
10. Responsible for meeting daily production targets, monthly shipment goals, and on time delivery performance.
11. Investigates and resolves assembly problems and related quality issues, either directly or with Transportation Team, and recommends solutions to management.
Operations and lean manufacturing, production planning, methods and techniques; equipment set up, functions and operation procedures; procedures on inspection, quality assurance, safety requirements and shipping practices, methods and procedures; knowledge of basic math; hazardous materials handling and emergency response procedures; material management systems and inventory control procedures; principles of supervision, training and personnel administration; computer data entry and applicable software applications. Ability to lead a dynamic team of skilled operators; function as a highly adaptive member of the team, and develop and implement key lean concepts.
Operate a computer terminal and related software applications programs. Basic MRP knowledge and Microsoft Office Applications a must. Written and verbal communication. Skills within Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Standard Work, Visual Management, and Planning/Scheduling a must.
Analyze, recommend and solve problems; prepare and review departmental reports; operate applicable computer software programs; perform math computations quickly and accurately; organize and complete work as scheduled; understand and follow written and verbal instructions; select, train, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel; communicate and work cooperatively with subordinates, departmental representatives, management, suppliers and vendors.
This person will be responsible for managing the workforce of about 10 employees dialing scheduling of work assignments, communicating production issues upward and downward to ensure timely resolutions of problems.