Hollander Home Fashions is an international manufacturer of textile products selling to major retailers since 1953, currently operating plants in Georgia, California, Pennsylvania, Texas, Illinois and Toronto, Canada, as well as a joint venture in China. Hollander’s product lines include a broad range of bed pillows, comforters, and mattress foundations, which are filled with synthetic fibers as well as feathers and down. Products are manufactured under our own label, under retailer’s store brands as well as designer brands.
Job Title: Second Shift Production Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
FSLA Status: Salary
Summary: The Second Shift Production Supervisor coordinates, trains, and supports the daily activities of the hourly employees to meet shipping schedules. The ideal candidate will lead by example regarding all policies and procedures, exhibit positive leadership skills, maintain employee performance to ensure quality expectations, adhere to mandated inventory procedures, and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the plant employees from top management to hourly associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Direct the activities of production in a safe and efficient manner to produce the required quality and quantity of product.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty proficiently:
- Supervise, Support and Train hourly production employees
- Coordinate the daily activities of hourly employees to meet shipping schedules
- Maintain employee performance to ensure quality expectations
- Help to ensure adherence to correct inventory procedures.
- Administer the disciplinary process when necessary
- Train all new hires in Safety, security and Housekeeping
- Meet all production and shipping schedule.
- Ensure that all finished goods are scanned and labeled correctly.
- Lead by example of all policies and procedures (including attendance policy)
- All other duties as assigned by the Management team.
- Work with other supervisors and assist in all basic departments
- Other duties as assigned or requested
The associate must have excellent written and oral communications skills. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus · Positive leadership skills
Excellent organizational skills Must possess excellent computer skills Ability to stand for long periods of time
Education and/or Experience :
Must have at least 3 to 5 years of Supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. High School graduate or Equivalent Union environment experience desired
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the time is spent standing or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift material or equipment (typically less than 50 lbs).
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work a flexible schedule required and may also need to work overtime as needed.
Hollander Home Fashions may not come to mind as you lie in bed counting Little Bo Peep's flock, but perhaps it should. The firm...