Supervise a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production operations. Work is generally of a technical nature with the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices. Some direct guidance received from a supervisor.
1. Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment.
2. Meet production cost schedule and maintain quality requirements.
3. Comply with the terms of local and national labor agreements.
4. Implement divisional and corporate policies.
5. Implement safety and good housekeeping standards.
6. Frequent contact with others outside the work group.
7. Keep management informed of developments as they occur.
8. Maintain departmental records.
9. Maintain corporate and unit management control systems.
High school graduate plus at least 2 years college or technical school, or equivalent
1. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures required.
2. Knowledge of basic math required.
3. Oral and written communication skills required.
4. Understanding of basic technology of area where assigned required.
5. Knowledge of scheduling and other management systems required.
6. Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex required.
7. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output required.
8. Knowledge of quality control procedures required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management or Organization Leadership Supervision