American Orthodonticsis the world's largest privately-held manufacturer of orthodontic appliances, with more than 600 employees worldwide; serving customers in more than 100 countries. Since 1968, American Orthodontics (AO) has been manufacturing products in Sheboygan, Wisconsin for the orthodontic specialist.
American Orthodontics prides itself on the quality of its products, the timeliness of its service and the integrity of its customers and business partners.
In its 45 year history, AO has exceeded prior year’s sales each and every year and is fortunate to have never experienced lay-offs, which is largely due to its ability over the years to innovate new products and manufacturing technologies. Due to our tremendous growth, we are seeking a 3 rd shift Production Supervisor.
Some essential duties of the position are as follows:
equipment performance, and product quality
- Manages coordinators who supervise associates in all manufacturing departments
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
- Involved in interviewing, hiring, and training associates
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Develop associates using performance evaluation and succession planning
- Assist associates in interpreting specifications, prints, and job orders
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods,
improve quality, cost, and cycle times
- Analyzes and resolves work problems
- Develop capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to
- Identify opportunities to apply Lean principles
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement Events
A minimum of an Associate’s degree in business operations or related field or Bachelor’s degree in business or operations management is preferred with 2-5 years of related experience preferred.
Keyword: 3rd Shift Production Supervisor
From: American Orthodontics