Angelica Corporation, the leading supplier of linen and laundry services to hospitals in the healthcare market, is seeking a Production Supervisor for our commercial laundry located in Austin, TX.
This position will be responsible for assisting the shift manager in one or more departments, establishing schedules, meeting production standards, and training associates in maintaining a safe working environment. This position will assist the Shift Manager to meet customer requirements in a fast-paced laundry processing environment.
- Selects, leads, and directs associates to work in a safe and productive manner.
- Plans and provides associate training in processes and equipment operation.
- Assures policy conformance and enforces plant rules and regulations.
- Optimizes equipment utilization and associate scheduling.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly production measurement analysis and provides communication to associates, and to management on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Constant contact with plant associates and plant management.
- Plant environment, with heat, wet areas, noise.
Frequent lifting and handling of material, moving carts, with weight up to 50-75 pounds
- Constant standing and walking.
Education and Experience:
Angelica Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The company promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Consistent with Angelica’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, if you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying electronically for a position with Angelica, please contact us at 678-823-4204 or email@example.com. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The successful candidate will have 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience in a production operations environment with strong leadership skills.
- Reading, writing and math skills needed.
- Communication and human relations skills required. Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) preferred.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic, good communication skills and preferably Spanish language, and computer skills.
- Laundry experience would also be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Six Sigma/ Lean also a plus.
Angelica Corporation participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.
Angelica - 19 months ago
Angelica Corporation is a provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. The Company has...