As a Production Supervisor , you will be responsible for all activities related to assembling, testing, and packaging of products. Person will be responsible for supervising multiple personnel, across multiple product lines with a mindset of reducing cycle time, implementing small lot builds, and improving quality. Training of team leaders and production line associates will be a key duty as assuring that we are building to work instructions is critical. Overall production area safety is considered paramount and this position will require daily vigilance to make sure safety rules are followed and improved upon. Person will be involved with setting production goals for their team and then tracking the improvement towards these goals.
Primary duties are as follows:
• Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements: • High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Four years’ experience as a Production Supervisor
• Communication skills (verbal and written)
• The ability to work with a diverse workforce
• Ability to effectively use the Microsoft Office Suite
Who we are and what we do.
FOUNDED IN 1999, Lexington, KY-based Big Ass Fan Co. is the preeminent designer and manufacturer of high volume/low speed (HVLS) ceiling and vertical fans designed to improve facility and worker comfort in large commercial, industrial and institutional buildings worldwide.
BEING THE BEST demands our steadfast commitment to quality, and at the heart of that endeavor are our employees. Our employees are driven, dedicated, committed to excellence, knowledgeable and the best in the business. Our company offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability insurances, 401k and profit sharing.
Big Ass Fans - 24 months ago
Big Ass Fan Company, the name says it all. Delta T Corporation, doing business as Big Ass Fans, makes six-to-24 foot diameter ceiling fans....