Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
Oversee daily production floor activities to ensure safe, efficient and effective production of quality products including but not limited to the following
• Monitor all aspect of the production line including
production scheduling, crewing requirements, line speeds,
scaling weights, scaling/mixing, processing, baking, and
packing to ensure Plant Key Performance Indicator Metrics
are met in all areas including Safety, Quality, Delivery and
• Insure that all employees (new or new bids) are effectively
oriented and fully trained prior to starting their jobs,
including safety, quality, SAP and job work instruction
• Monitor performance progress of all new employees and
provide feedback during annual performance appraisals
during the annual review process.
• Maintain a safe working environment, including prompt
response to items needing maintenance attention, driving
5S and awareness and monitoring of employee practices.
• Provide thorough accident investigation an d complete
accident reports on a timely basis .
• Participate in the completion of an A-3 for reportable
• Work with support departments (maintenance, QA,
distribution) to identify, analyze and resolve work problems
that may occur on the production lines; assist workers in
resolving work-related issues.
• Drive sanitation of production area while working closely
with scheduling and QA Department.
• Enforce Company policies and procedures related to
safety, quality, GMP's and plant rules.
2. Support Plant communication and Continuous Improvement and cost reduction efforts
• Support plant communication by developing and
communicating the production (crewing) schedule,
supporting/ leading production DDS meetings,
communicating shift information through clear and
effective shift reporting, entering maintenance
notifications when applicable and conducting monthly
Work Group Meetings (as scheduled).
• Drive plant continuous improvement efforts by
participating in (and leading when applicable) A3's, kaizen
events, 5S, TPM events, etc.
• Maintain, review and approve employee timecards in the
Time and Attendance System.
• Attend support meetings as required including but not
limited to safety, quality and planning meetings.
The above reflects the typical duties of the job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Directly supervises up to 45 hourly employees. Must be able to provide guidance when issues, such as performance, attendance, safety, etc., arise.
• Must be able to conduct monthly Work Group Meetings and answer questions from employees.
• Ability to troubleshoot when issues arise on the production line. Must possess good decision-making skills
• Provide training to employees on the line.
• Must have ability to remain on production floor 80% of time during production hours.
• Minimum education required Associate Degree from two-year college preferred.
• Years of relevant experience 3-6 years of previous production experience.
• Experience in the food industry plant environment with an understanding of manufacturing processes
• Practical knowledge and application of food safety principles (ex. HACCP, GMPs)
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Proficient knowledge of SPC
• Effective presentation skills
• Promotes engagement and diversity
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company - 19 months ago
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...