Careers » Opportunities » Production Supervisor
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Company Name: CBN Secure Technologies Inc.
Location: Albany, New York
Supervisor: Operations Manager
CBN Secure Technologies builds upon a proven ability to deliver security, stability, and quality in high-security documents and issuance technologies. For over 100 years, our parent, Canadian Bank Note Company, has delivered secure documents, currencies, systems, and services to governments around the world. Our resume includes delivering the groundbreaking DL/ID cards for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan, arguably the most secure and trusted DL/IDs in North America. This commitment to security and innovation is the foundation for CBN STI's established, high-security production operations in Virginia and New York, designed to serve Customers requiring high-value identity documents.
To provide leadership to the production, shipping and operations staff in all aspects of the, personalization and distribution of identification products. The primary focus will be to maintain accountability for effective utilization of staff, ensure all policies, procedures, security protocols, safety practices are consistently carried out on a daily basis and to ensure that quality identification products are produced on time to customer.s specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise production, materials staff on all shifts in daily job functions to ensure production demands are met
- Oversees the entire personalization and production of identification products while ensuring delivery commitments to customers are met or exceeded while meeting safety, quality and production standards
- Ensure compliance with quality standards in personalization of identification products to specification and must ensure compliance with all Company policies, procedures, plans and objectives
- Determine priorities based on established weekly production schedules
- Ensure compliance with ISO 27001 standards
- Coordinate inventory and maintenance activities in order to meet expected shipment deadlines and develop contingency plan as required to minimize delays in production due to equipment failure or production problems
- Direct assigned personnel in determining causes on nonconformity with product specification and other operation and production concerns and modify behaviors, machine and equipment specification that will improve safety processes and equipment, quality and production
- Track KPI.s and meet production standards including productivity, accuracy and cost
- Review daily time and material reports for accuracy and train staff accordingly
- Produce reports and conduct data analysis related to standards, quality and inventory management
- Completion of daily dashboards and monthly reports
- Provide leadership for all direct reports through training, coaching, counseling, goal setting and performance feedback
- Evaluate employees. safety, quality and productivity against policy and standards and administer corrective action procedures as required
- Coordinate with Operations Manager and Human Resources on any personnel issues
- Coordinate with payroll
- Inform Sales and Customer Service about orders and production schedules providing solution or feedback on problems
- Recommend and implement improvements in production flow or methods
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Unplanned activities . other duties will be assigned as required
The Supervisor is critical in ensuring the skills and competency of direct reports are developed and maintained. The Supervisor will guide direct reports to improve safety, to improve upon manufacturing practices, thereby managing costs, overtime and waste. Through analysis of data will implement methods to improve team member performance.
- Post secondary diploma and/or related work experience in manufacturing
- 3 plus years of production experience in a high volume continuous operating manufacturing facility
- Prior clean room experience (is an asset)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficient user of business related computer applications (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, )
- Working knowledge of inventory systems used to track production, inventory and shipping required
- Average Excel skills (formulas, charts, graphs, filters)
- Experience with 5S, lean production techniques, ISO standards, Occupational Health and Safety (are assets)
- Ability to be on call to resolve production issues on all shifts
- Ability to work reasonable amount of overtime hours during the week and weekend
- Must travel for training within the United States, Canada and internationally
- Must possess a valid passport
- Must be legally eligible to work in the USA
- Strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules
- Self motivated
- Strong supervision and mentoring skills
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Physical Demands/Environmental Elements
- Constant walking and standing throughout the production facility 75%
- Ability to lift 20 lbs to 50 lbs
- Office/clean room environment. Temperature and humidity controlled environment.
CBN Secure Technologies is committed to the health and safety of our employees. To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, employees are required to successfully complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicles check. CBN STI is a Drug-Free Workplace. CBN STI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CBN Secure Technologies, Inc. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews. No phone calls or agencies, please.
*** TO STAY INFORMED ON THE LATEST CBN STI NEWS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE JOIN OUR LINKEDIN GROUP "CBN Secure Technologies Inc." ***
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited designs and produces security systems for the personal identification, lottery, gaming and payment...