Chart Energy & Chemicals - located in La Crosse, Wisconsin – is the leading designer and manufacturer of cryogenic brazed aluminum heat exchangers (BAHX). Our unique product is used in the production of LNG and other process systems related to the energy market. Chart is the only producer of large BAHX in the U.S. and is a leader in the global markets we serve. Chart’s continued financial growth and current plant expansion offers exciting and challenging career opportunities for career seeking individuals.
The Production Supervisor is a leader and focal point for all manufacturing activities. Responsibilities for this position
include meeting quality standards, overseeing production efforts to follow schedule priorities, and maintaining a safe
work environment. Candidates must be willing to work any shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
• Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders.
• Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
• Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
• Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Maintains time and production records.
• Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
• Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
• Directly supervises 20-35 employees on the production floor.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. This includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills:
• Associate's degree or equivalent; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Effective oral and written communication skills and able to build relationships within the organization.
• Takes initiative and is able to meet required deadlines.
• Knowledge of MS Office and Manufacturing Software (DSI).
• Candidates must be willing to work any shift.
Chart Industries - 12 months ago