Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the production of instruments in response to customer orders. Responsibilities include master scheduling, daily production build, and continuous improvement of manufacturing through DBS.
This position will directly supervise manufacturing technicians/operators for a product line. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and is located in Sunnyvale, California.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieving year-over-year improvements in QDC, through DBS:
- External and Internal Product Quality
- On-Time Delivery (OTD)
- Direct Labor Productivity
- Finished Goods/WIP Inventory
- Supervising and motivating technicians and operators who build product:
- Daily feedback, coaching
- Performance Appraisals, Development Plans
- Serving the customer daily through good daily management:
- SQDIP updates, walk-throughs
- Adherence to Standard Work
- Deep understanding of quality defects and resolution
- Master Scheduling the product line:
- Daily backlog management
- Past Due, OTD tracking and resolution
- 13-week and daily build plans and execution
- WIP job creation and completion in Oracl
- Deliver a high cadence of new products on-time, that are manufacturable in support of revenue, margin and quality goals.
Education, experience, knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Master Black-Belt in Standard Work and Process FMEA.
- Minimum 5 years total experience in operations (manufacturing, buying, planning)
- Proven track-record of delivering sustainable results through DBS.
- High sense-of-urgency, results orientation, and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems through spreadsheet analysis and a demonstrated use of a formal problem-solving process (PSP).
- Able to take a hands-on approach (understands data and details), while seeing the bigger-picture in an effort to drive process improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, required for daily management and other meetings.
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop direct reports.
Molecular Devices is part of the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment of Danaher Corporation. Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2011, we generated $16.1 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website: www.danaher.com.
Manufacturing / Operations
North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Danaher - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard