Provide direction to the production department associates in areas of safety, service, performance, quality and leadership. Responsible for maintaining and/or enhancing customer relationships, plant assets and a positive employment atmosphere.
Detailed Job Description
- Provide leadership and direction to the plant production associates in areas of safety, machine operation, sanitation, quality, customer service and maintenance.
- Adherence to the site’s productivity metrics to include crew size, operational efficiency; scrap loss, etc. to optimize profitability.
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer expectations for accuracy, quality and timelessness and develop methods for meeting or exceeding those expectations.
- Training and enforcement of company policies.
- Communicate company philosophy, policies, and expectations clearly to all hourly personnel.
- Provide input in the establishment of setting plant budgets, goals and standards.
- Develop strong production team members through the effective use of performance management processes and tools.
- Monitor production performance and develop/implement action plans to address areas of concern or opportunities for improvement in a timely fashion.
- Create a positive working environment for all associates, which support continuous improvement, reinforce company philosophy and policies and treat every individual equally with respect.
- Work collaboratively with maintenance department to reduce equipment downtime and provide feedback of operations equipment functionality and repair.
- Provide feedback on material performance within the operation.
- Assuring compliance with corporate, customer and regulatory requirements
- Provide input as required.
- Maintaining a positive work environment, recruiting, training & development, performance management
- Assure safety compliance in the plant through establishing expectations and training
Undergraduate degree or graduate degree with previous supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment, with customer interaction and hourly management skills are desired.
- Must have the capability to lead people and get positive results through others.
- An ability to think ahead and prepare action plans to get results.
- Must be able to analyze and problem solve, as well as, make good business decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skill are necessary.
- Computer literate; prefer candidates with demonstrated experience using ERP systems.
- Strong team player.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a strong plus
Exel - 22 months ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...