This position contributes to the achievement of Company and Plant objectives by overseeing efficient, cost-effective assembly of filters. The supervisor directs the activities of department personnel to complete production schedules safely and on a timely basis, while controlling costs, efficiency, quality, and equipment. This person also carries out these functions within company rules and procedure.
· Supervise the daily operations of the filter production area.
· Schedule filter production and make sure production goals are met.
· Follow all regulatory guidelines and industry standards to ensure compliance with NQA-1.
· Work to develop improvements to the production process.
· Provide feedback to employees as to whether production goals are met.
· Schedule employees for overtime and weekend work.
· Enforce company disciplinary and safety policies.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
· Requires a minimum of one year of experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of filter and/or assembly procedures required.
· Management skills are needed to be able to direct the daily operations of the department.
· Must have mathematical skills needed to track production numbers and complete daily production paperwork and reports.
· Requires the ability to read blueprints and interpret product drawings.
· Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/64 of an inch.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees, management, support staff and vendors.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring that manufacturing / production lines and equipment are in good operating order.
· Responsible for ensuring that manufacturing operators are working to procedure.
· Responsible for determining and coordinating manufacturing operations to meet production schedules.
· May make decisions and/or recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, terminations, overtime, and work schedules.
· May work in conjunction with quality control department to determine cause of any non-conformance issues and make recommendations for production changes as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· May be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
· May sit at a desk for extended periods to complete paperwork.
· Must be able communicate on the telephone for lengthy periods.
· Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
· Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions, including climbing and descending stairs.
· Must have good eyesight to see product flaws and good hearing to hear test equipment in order to ensure good quality.
· Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses or goggles, particle mask, hearing protection, etc.
· Works in all areas of the plant with exposure to noise and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation - 17 months ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...