Greatbatch Medical, located in Plymouth, MN, is a leading OEM supplier of stimulation leads, advanced delivery systems and venous introducers to the CRM and Neuromodulation markets. Its Catheters Group is seeking an experienced 1 st shift Production Supervisor. The primary purpose of this position is to effectively manage in a medical device environment focused on high quality. This position will be responsible for consistently meeting safety, productivity, quality and delivery goals and ensuring accuracy of required documentation for the business.
- Provides direction in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion of weekly schedules that meet or exceed GB and Customer expectations.
- Monitors the alignment of product or line(s) with master production schedule and material planning to meet production goals.
- Monitors departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports.
- Supervises Associates in a manner that fosters a safe work environment, self-directed team approach and maintains a union free work environment and ensures adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Provides continuous communication to Plant management on production, facility and Associate accomplishments and/or concerns.
- Identifies, arranges and/or provides training to ensure a safe, efficient, quality work environment with focus on continuous improvement through Lean manufacturing principles.
- Facilitates communication, coordination and conflict resolution within and among work groups.
- Provides leadership to Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling and corrective actions.
- Assists in the analysis of production and related processes and makes recommendations on improvements and organization of process improvement activity through the application of Six-Sigma & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in technical or business related field.
- Experience: 3-5 years manufacturing experience with progressive responsibilities and leadership experience
- Specialized knowledge/skills needed for performance of job: Experience in management of production schedules, reading technical documents and blueprints preferred. Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Quality systems preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maximize asset utilization required.
Greatbatch - 23 months ago