This position oversees and directs the production line staff. The primary goal of this position is to lead the production staff to achieve production targets while maintaining a safe and efficient operation and producing products at or above established quality standards. The success of this position will include coordinating production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control departments to achieve sustained and improved efficiencies. The position will include online implementation and compliance of new and existing policies and procedures. Daily tasks for the position of Production Supervisor include, but are not limited to, personnel scheduling, conducting regular visual line checks to insure proper dating, labeling, and packaging of product, reviewing production paperwork, collecting and tracking production data, and reporting information and variances to management.
• Food manufacturing experience required.
• Understanding processes and mechanics of production line equipment
• Ability to manage, train and develop employees
• Ability to multi-task and delegate functions
• Display creative thinking and deductive reasoning skills
• Possess proven written and verbal communication skills
• Possess computer skills including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Familiarity with GMP, quality, and hygiene standards for food manufacturing
• Physical ability to work in production environment with frequent bending, standing, stooping, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting required
• College degree in food science or engineering
• Must be available all 3 shifts
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Kerry - 2 years ago