To supervise and coordinate the daily activities of the Production department, meeting quantity and quality of products within specifications and costs as set by the plant. Run the mill operation (control room) optimizing production and maintain all Quality within targets set by the plant.
- Directs the daily activities of employees working in the Production department.
- Coordinates plant activities and employee work schedules to meet production, sales, and distribution needs
- Be a safety leader and drive housekeeping efforts in the plant.
- Ensures Production equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner and is routinely inspected for defects (follow up on all check sheets).
- Performs all first level inspections throughout the plant.
- Suggests improvements for the operation and passes this information over to the Production Coordinator.
- Works closely with Maintenance department to schedule equipment operations, cleaning, downtime, and plan/schedule major turn-arounds.
- Creates work orders and passes information over to plant maintenance personnel.
- Completes daily Visual Emission checks and documents findings.
- Completes the daily Supervisor check sheet to ensure all equipment functions properly.
- Ensures effective troubleshooting of any problems in the department using direct reports and ensure problems are repaired as quickly as possible to minimise downtime and/or upsets.
- Works with Production Coordinator to set plans to operate within budget.
- Understands the union labor agreement for the plant and works within this agreement.
- Meets environmental requirements including fugitive dust.
- Ensures compliance with all safety policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Reports on accidents / incidents assuming follow-up as per procedure.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and standards ( ASTM , CSA , MQO, internal targets and limits), as they pertain to this position.
- Ensure mill operation and products shipped are within agreed upon specs for Quality.
- Follow-up on out of spec material and corrective actions taken to bring back into specs.
- Completes employee evaluations (new hire) and follow up on all employees working on shift.
Educational Background: Minimum High School Diploma, preferably with a technically-oriented curriculum. Associates or Bachelors Degree in technical field is preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 years related experience with demonstrated progression of increased responsibility. Prefer at least 1 of those years in a supervisory role. Experience in a cement plant or other heavy industry is highly preferred. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities. Well developed leadership capabilities. Good troubleshooting, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Solid computer skills (Excel, Word, IP21, Maximo, Lotus Notes etc).
Lafarge - 16 months ago
Lafarge North America works to be the foundation of buildings, roads, and bridges across US and Canada. As North America's largest...