Auto req ID 8128BR
Job Title Production Supervisor
Business Unit Milgard Manufacturing
Job Posting Category Production/Operation
Country United States
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Member of the location leadership team with opportunities for advancement into senior management positions. Directly responsible for the overall management of the assigned department including all aspects of current operation to assure acceptable safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity, employee conduct and performance criteria are achieved. Direct responsibility for all department employees to ensure proper orientations, training, development, compensation and working conditions are present.
Key Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES :
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this position. This not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Responsible for assigned department functions and all associated personnel.
- Responsible to appropriately staff and schedule departmental personnel to ensure production Requirements are met while minimizing costs.
- Responsible for planning departmental operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Observes and coaches personnel on work related issues.
- Ensures plant staff (Leads) enforces Company policies and procedures, plant wide safety rules and employee rules of conduct.
- Responsible for: developing people; improving processes; reducing costs; quality monitoring and improvements; superior customer service; and on-time delivery.
- Incorporates Milgard’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, terminating, disciplining and coaching employees.
- Able to motivate employees to achieve results. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the Milgard work environment and supporting the Company philosophy.
- Participates in the Leadership Development Program (LDP) for the location.
- Creates and executes MPS objectives, meeting MPS commitments and working within the guidelines of MPS; reflects Milgard business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION :
- Supervises assigned department Leads. The Production Supervisor must be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years production supervision/management experience in a “made to order” manufacturing environment.
- Prior employee management experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Management or an Engineering dicipline.
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of lifting up to 100 pounds
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
- Prolonged sitting and terminal use
- Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors
- Hand dexterity and strength
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in a warehouse type facility
E-Verify English Milgard is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-Verity Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco - 17 months ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...