In this position, you will be responsible for leading the activities of all production and maintenance personnel to ensure adherence to production schedules for all products at optimum cost. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensures that safe practices and procedures are consistently followed by all personnel and that all work areas are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner. Provides leadership to the safety program. Performs and/or participates in accident investigations and Hazard Assessments.
- Commitment to Total Quality Leadership (TQL) through implementation of the Quality Policy and participation in, or support of, teams and work groups. Understand and comply with all applicable requirements of the Company’s ISO/cGMP quality system as documented in the Quality Manual, System Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Reviews personnel requirements for production and maintenance departments, selects, hires, trains and terminates employees as necessary, according to Company policies and procedures.
- Organizes the activities of all personnel in the department in such a manner as to obtain maximum utilization of personnel and equipment in a safe, quality manner.
- Controls the discipline, conduct and attendance of production employees, according to Company policies and procedures, to maximize the contribution of each.
- Keeps all personnel informed of their performance and assists in their development through timely, objective and meaningful performance evaluations.
- Maintains department facilities and equipment in an efficient, orderly, clean and safe operating condition.
- Ensures that all employees are properly trained and clearly understand product requirements.
- Prevents defects and possible defects in workmanship, thus reducing scrap.
- Provides support for the investigation of customer quality complaints.
- Implements and monitors the weekly production plan to meet or exceed expected results.
- Provides direction for employees while maintaining teamwork through coordination and communication among all shifts.
- Conducts root cause analysis to determine reasons for unstable processes and develops corrective action.
- Monitors preparation and completion of shop orders and leads variance analysis, in compliance with established procedures.
- Develop Quality Systems Procedures and Work Instructions as required.
- Responsible for scheduling equipment maintenance (PM’s)
- Responsible for procedures and controls in tool crib and spare parts inventory.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelors Degree in business or technical field; BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred. A minimum of 3 - 5 years of manufacturing supervision experience required; 5 – 7 years of overall experience in manufacturing required. Experience with batch chemical processing a plus; experience with automatic packaging equipment desirable. The successful candidate will have strong mathematical and analytical capabilities; excellent human relations and team building skills; strong leadership skills; strong user of ERP system; good oral and written communication skills; knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements; familiarity with measuring devices; adept at problem solving; demonstrated initiative and goal orientation; cost conscious.
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for...