NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc . (’NMHG’) designs, engineers and manufactures a complete line of lift trucks for virtually every market niche. All lift trucks are marketed under the Hyster ® , Yale ® or Sumitomo-Yale ® brand names. NMHG is one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers.
NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. seeks a DYNAMIC Production Supervisor to lead approximately 25 to 40 direct labor employees in the manufacturing of forklift components for our Sulligent, Alabama site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is accountable for the direct supervision of direct and indirect labor employees in the daily production of finished products. Assigns, directs, and assists assigned employees in the daily production of scheduled work to internal and external customers due dates. Includes identifying, reporting, and assisting in problem solving to assure Departmental and Plant goals are achieved. Includes meeting production schedules, time and incentive standards, quality goals, allocated financial goals, people motivation and direction, training, and adherence to Company policies. This position is also accountable for the operations performance to hourly and daily quality, delivery, and cost metrics. Key elements include standard labor hours, utilities, scrap, repairs, maintenance, and supplies. Leads the section teams’ participation in our DFT initiatives. Plans and facilitates team meetings on an established frequency to discuss the team’s performance and accountability to safety, quality, environment, colleague, and productivity and customer expectations.
- Determines priorities and implements cost-reduction projects; maintains detailed documentation as required.
- Investigates, justifies, purchases, and tracks all company assets.
- Leads, with the help of a maintenance leader, all programs and activities of the Maintenance Department.
- Conducts layouts, coordinates outside contractors, and assist as needed with all necessary construction of plant expansions or alterations.
- Determines and reviews all manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
- Stays informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment, and investigates their potential applications. Recommends incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Manufacturing environment in a leadership role
- Four years Manufacturing experience
- One year of supervisory experience
Please e-mail your resume with cover letter and salary history to: email@example.com
- 4 yr Degree in related business field preferred
- Effective Team Builder/Member
- Effective Communicator
- Follows the company’s standards, guidelines and policies.
We are an affirmative action employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing. Qualified minorities and females are encouraged to apply. EEO/AAP/ADA Employer.