The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing production associates and processes to achieve safety, quality, plant and business objectives and will: establish and execute a plan to meet value stream objectives; maintain and manage established budgets; partner with appropriate stakeholders and support departments to ensure value stream success; and work through direct reports by assessing skills, developing associates, and actively managing associates to meet plant and business objectives. Must be prepared to coach associates through a high-change environment.
At least 5 years of successful manufacturing, technical, or supervisory experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Supervise, lead, coach and develop a group of production operators while spending time on the production floor. To include motivating and retaining associates through the execution of on-boarding, cross-training, ongoing coaching and feedback, performance reviews, and personal development strategies for direct reports. Confer with management and associates to address worker problems and complaints. Recommend personnel actions such as promotions and corrective action up to and including terminations.
- Meet safety and quality objectives by ensuring compliance to safety and quality systems and partner with relevant support groups as needed.
- Drive innovation and change through communication and active management in support of key business initiatives, by driving employee engagement and acting as a continuous improvement leader.
- Develop and communicate departmental and organizational goals in order to achieve effective metric performance; work with management, direct reports and other departments as necessary to resolve issues and obstacles in accordance with Novartis values and behaviors.
- Investigate and resolve root cause(s) of non-conformance using consistent methodologies for root cause analyses; identify and execute corrective actions by expected completion dates.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups to develop continuous improvement plans (e.g., engineering, factory maintenance, planning, material management, quality) to achieve plant and departmental objectives.
- Provide leadership by setting an example and through active interventions to ensure consistent adherence to company policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Perform shared leadership responsibilities and manage shared responsibilities for department. Minimum requirements Bachelor’s degree. Degree in engineering or management preferred.
Prior experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or other cGMP or similarly highly regulated industry strongly preferred.
Only on-line applications will be considered. Please contact (402) 467-8808 if you require accommodation under the American's with Disabilities Act to apply for this position.
Novartis - 19 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...