Supervise employees to consistently produce quality meat products in a sanitary condition with continuous regard to company policies and government regulations.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and schedule department work; utilize employees, equipment and material in order to produce quality products.
- Estimate manpower requirements and select qualified employees to perform necessary work.
- Assign employees to jobs and instruct them in the proper procedures that will ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all established employee policies.
- Initiate discipline measures as required.
- Document and maintain records on all employees relating to discipline, promotion and attendance.
- Recommend improvements and modifications in the organization, procedures, policies, standards and methods in order to improve the system.
- Prepare reports concerning departmental activities and complete daily paperwork accurately.
- Train crew leaders to assume supervisory position in the event of absence or promotion.
- Create an environment without fear that promotes creativity and process improvement.
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to ensure that production schedules are met, quality exceeds customer expectations and all HACCP and safety regulations are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Science or related field, or HS diploma plus 3-5 years of supervisory experience in food manufacturing
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Food manufacturing experience strongly preferred.