This position will be responsible for shift production and for overseeing all union personnel on the production floor. This position will interact with all aspects of the plant; raw materials, packaging, shipping and quality assurance. The selected individual will be responsible for implementing safety policies and procedures, drive continuous improvement and ensure quality is maintained to Resco standards. This position will report directly to the Production Manager.
- Conducts daily safety talks, responsible for production data reporting and key driver for shift safety improvement.
- Provides direction and leadership to the production crew so as to accomplish organizational goals.
- Coordinates with staff and others production members with regards to die changes, inventory, daily production (press efficiencies), and inventory and quality concerns.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaches, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment monitoring and resources.
- Implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within the process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within the department.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs and documenting listed items to be addressed.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action.
- Maintains working relationship with Union by following collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assisting in implementing LEAN concepts and Continuous Improvement Activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this job is self-motivated who is highly focused on daily production/packaging requirements. The individual MUST be highly organized, analytical, and the ability to effectively communicate with all personnel at all levels of the operations. Team builder, who is always thinking ahead. Specific job duties include:
- Troubleshoot daily production issues and provide daily production solutions.
- Experience with a union environment
- Process Improvement thinking
- Production Planning and controls for improvement
- Refractory Experience a plus.
- Able to work any shift
- Overtime required possible weekend work necessary. (flex schedule)
- Microsoft knowledge; outlook, work excel.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Technical background desired.
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Experience with QAD a plus.
On July 26, 1946, a rented barn in Philadelphia, PA, became the corporate headquarters of RESCO PRODUCTS, INC., then known as Refractory...