Simmons Dry Pet Food – Decatur, AR
We have 2 outstanding openings for a Production Supervisor at our Dry Pet Food Facility in Decatur, AR.
We want you to be a part of a culture that demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of our work; a culture that treats others with dignity and respect and that is good stewards of our environment. We honor the commitments we make and believe in balancing our work with the needs of our families. Simmons Foods wants to share the results of superior earnings with you, a team member. Come work with us and utilize, not waste, your education and leadership skills!
To ensure that pet food product is processed, packaged and stored in a manner that meets local, state, and federal guidelines, as well as customer, and company quality requirements. To lead assigned team to company set goals while demonstrating a commitment to employee safety, to developing teamwork and ensuring proper communications to all team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have a high school diploma, 4-year college degree preferred and 2-3 years manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work in varied temperatures and at elevated areas.
- Must be able to work on feet for entire shift.
- Must be able to work any days/nights and hours as needed.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Will demonstrate the commitment to have employees work safely.
- Will demonstrate the ability to effectively lead and supervise employees.
- Will demonstrate ability to learn and apply all training concepts, including Lean.
- Will meet production requirements while maintaining appropriate line speeds and efficiency and ensuring a quality product.
- Can effectively communicate issues and goals in written reports and through verbal conversation.
- Supervises employees to maintain discipline, drive teamwork and safety.
- Maintains quality standards by working with QA to meet the standards required.
- Assists in Team Member Training.
- Ensures that employee hours are correct in TimeLink and complete each week prior to payroll calculations.
- Attends, participates and uses all offered training to better perform assigned tasks and drive performance.
- Accomplishes all paperwork in accordance with established time frames or record keeping requirements.
- Accomplishes quality performance in all responsibilities being performed in a manner which meets or exceeds all line, department, facility, company and FDA guidelines for a total quality program of continuous process improvement and customer relations.