Production Supervisor |
Waymouth Farms is a privately owned company that offers over 500 bulk and packaged products nationwide under the Good Sense Brand which are processed in our New Hope, Minnesota facilities. Waymouth Farms continues to grow and evolve as a leading supplier of innovative, quality snack foods for healthier living. These include dried fruits, trail mixes, nuts and seeds, and yogurt snacks.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Coordinate, lead and supervise shift manufacturing operations team to achieve Waymouth Farms goals operating within established policies, procedures and regulations.
Description of Primary Duties:
· Provide direction and leadership on the production floor
· Review and execute daily production schedule.
· Accountable to meet Schedule Attainment and ensure efficiency, quality, and assure that staffing levels meet or exceed standards.
· Supervise proper job order set-up. Ensure accurate reporting on work orders. Ensure work center inventory accuracy is maintained.
· Execute equipment / process cleaning and changeovers to schedule.
· Motivate positive performance of shift production team. Communicate plans, process, and results frequently.
· Execute training program for shift production team.
· Monitor daily shift performance. Make reports as required to Production Manager.
· Perform performance appraisals for production team.
· Monitor GMP compliance and take appropriate corrective action.
· Monitor and train employees to promote and maintain safe work environment and comply with safety policies, procedures, and rules. Take corrective action as needed.
· Maintain security of building and environment.
· Understand all job duties of subordinates for purposes of supervision, coordination, and training. Ensure compliance with process and equipment operating instructions.
· Collaborate with team for continuous improvement.
· Recommends discipline in deficient situations and execute discipline under direction of production manager.
· Performs duties and interacts with peers and subordinates in a non-partial manner maintaining an atmosphere free of harassment.
· Maintain good communication with employees on all levels; communicates problems and applicable situation to Production Manager.
· Correct problems or out of control situations.
· Monitor and oversee all subordinate paperwork and complete paperwork as assigned.
· Perform responsibilities within established safety procedures / policies and maintains safety awareness within the department.
· Performs job within established GMP policies
· Maintain close working relationship with quality personnel and recommends adjustments in processes and methods to accommodate inspection results.
· Maintain confidentiality with all Waymouth Farms information, formulas, procedures, etc.
· Perform other tasks as directed by Production Manager
· Attend production, safety, schedule and management meetings as requested.
· Conduct operations within established company policies and procedures.
· Provides employee coaching and development, monitors training
· Resolves employee issues through problem resolution and effective communication skills
· Must be able to improve working conditions and increase subordinates skills and capabilities.
· Meets required time lines.
· React quickly and make decisions under pressure.
· Work in a high paced environment
· Gather and analyze information to resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Able to perform physical requirements of all subordinate positions
- Prior experience (minimum 2 years) in food / FDA regulated manufacturing/packaging environment
- Prior manufacturing work lead experience (1-2 years)
- Able to operate or learn to operate all production equipment and machines.
- Able to learn and perform duties of all subordinates
- Must be able to be licensed and to operate a forklift.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Able to work flexible work schedule and overtime
- Able to effectively speak before groups of employees of the organization
- Must be able to manage stress.
- Cooperative / team orientated attitude
- Proactive thinker
- Post secondary degree (preferably in areas of Business, Management, Food Science or Science)
- Prior management in Food Packaging environment
- Bilingual - Spanish/English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago