Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution. Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas. Work with team to reduce cost and errors that are related to the cost of the part, downtime as well as quality issues. Regular meetings on objectives and goals that were either met or not. Maintain discipline and productivity in the area. This includes 5s as well as production. Maintaining PPSB (Practical Problem Solving Boards) boards and information collected on these related to individual shifts goals and actual production. Maintain a safe secure work environment. Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager. Work with maintenance team to be sure equipment PMs and TPMs are performed timely. Use systems in place to complete all necessary functions of the job, including but not limited to attendance, labor reporting, material flow, scheduling, etc. Provides leader through a 30 day planning cycle. Manages QDR’s. Performs accident investigations. Performs 8D related to production issues within the area. Responsible for all other duties as may be assigned. |
Essential Skills and Experience: § Demonstrated leadership with the ability to lead people and get results through others. §
- Ability to plan and think ahead and plan over a 30 day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results. §
- Experience work with a union workforce §
- Ability to supervise, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline. §
- Must be able to train and develop others. §
- Must be able to measure the performance to goals and standards. §
- Proven ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations. §
- Must be systems and continuous improvement oriented. §
- Must be quality oriented and pay attention to detail. §
- Demonstrated ability to problem analysis and resolution. §
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. §
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities. §
- Ability to work and lead in a team environment. §
- SAP experience preferred
- College degree preferred, equivalent experience will be considered. §
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Prior supervisor experience mandatory; minimum of three (3) years.
Are you interested?
- This position is required to do extensive walking through factory environment production areas. §
- Must be able to occasionally travel to customer locations out of state and internationally. §
- Required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, sit, bend, stoop, and use fine motor skills to handle physical parts. §
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with others.
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!
ZF Friedrichshafen - 14 months ago