The Production Support Administrator is responsible for the operation of the Unix based WebSphere Commerce environment as well as the relationship with users who provide input and support this environment. The role ensures the day-to-day operations of the environment architecture and operation for the eCommerce websites, manage technical administration including monitoring, capacity planning, operational services, integration of enhancements and development efforts that pertain to the environment.
- Perform functions and tasks associated with the design, development, and operation of WebSphere Application and/or WebSphere Commerce systems environment.
- Support of WebSphere Application and WebSphere Commerce in a Unix/Linux (IBM AIX/Red Hat Linux) web/retail environment.
- Unix/Linux admin background desirable including OS and application software installations, and troubleshooting system and application issues.
- Architect, research and make recommendations for WebSphere Application and/or WebSphere Commerce configurations.
- Provide support and develop shell scripting (perl, ksh, bash) system administration utilities.
- Responsible for providing emergency response as needed to correct system failures.
- Oversee the system performance, monitoring, and activity of all system and databases related to daily operations of the WebSphere eCommerce environments.
- Ensure secure operation with application, database and operating system security hardening, penetration testing and SOX/PCI compliance
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Assist in the daily operations of eCommerce business processes including reporting, ETL generation, monitoring development, and performance tuning.
- Experience with daily operation of WebSphere Application and WebSphere Commerce Server on AIX/ Linux in a production 24x7 web/retail eCommerce environment. AIX is preferred.
- Strong experience with security administration, server performance monitoring and tuning.
- Strong demonstrable experience performance tuning WebSphere Application and Commerce Systems, or DB2 in a high transaction environment is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UNIX operating system basics (disk, cpu, io subsystems)
- Demonstrable knowledge of IBM hardware, specifically pSeries desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in WebSphere, DB2 or System Automation.
- Demonstrable experience with Unix Shell and/or Perl scripting experience is a must (bash, or ksh)
- Tivoli Monitoring experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Java development is highly desirable.
- DB2 / SQL experience is highly desirable.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical business owners.
- Must be able to work some overtime and provide after-hours support as needed.
The Children's Place - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
If The Children's Place Retail Stores had a grandma, she'd proclaim, "My, how fast you've grown!" The...