The Single General Ledger (SGL) is the collective term given to an established platform to deliver fully reconciled financial and management information reporting to the MIB division of Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
SGL captures and processes trading activity in real time (and on a batch basis) across the bank generating accounting events for position management and other reporting (i.e. operational, P&L, statutory, regulatory & liquidity). The system produces thousands of reports on a daily basis, and has several thousand users.
The architecture summarily comprises :
The RBS MIB Finance Technology support team provides first and second line technical support to all users of finance applications and data, including London, Singapore, Mumbai and Manhattan Finance and Operations. The team is responsible for all technical issues with the system and ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- bespoke Trades Data Warehouse (Sybase) to capture and rationalise trade information by batch and in real time;
- bespoke Static Data Mart (Sybase) to provide golden source static for enrichment purposes;
- vendor based OST accounting rules engine to convert trade events to account postings;
- vendor based Oracle Financials to consolidate reporting information to a chart of accounts;
- bespoke Financial Data Mart (Oracle 11g) for all reconciliation and reporting;
- a series of bespoke interface and adjustment tools written in Discoverer / Reports, C#, Powerbuilder, Oracle Application Express, OBIEE.
A support analyst is required to assist the team in resolution of technical issues, customer liaison, and general support administration.
Deliverables to include:
High percentage of technical issues resolved at first & second line level
Strengthening team relationship with user base
Responsible for a number of daily status mails
Interaction with projects
This role would be suitable for an employee with 3-4 years production support experience
Knowledge of Finance Systems and Architecture
- Experience with Oracle and Unix Shell Scripting and APEX (Oracle Application express)
- IT related Degree or relevant experience.
Banking & Accounting knowledge would be beneficial
- Experience with RDBMS, BIRT Reporting, Autosys, Java
Organised & methodical approach
- Self motivated, good communication skills, work well both individually or in a team and delivery focused
RBS - 2 years ago