Production Support Business Analyst-91893
netSpend, a TSYS Company is the leading prepaid payments processor and is well positioned for the future as a stable but dynamic leader in the payments technology industry. We have a creative team of people who are motivated by technology, love to design and code, thrive on a rapid pace and enjoy working together. We also enjoy a culture of ownership in each project and the satisfaction of producing high quality and innovative solutions.
We have an evolving agile culture and move fast. We value people and interactions over process and tools. This team oriented role is critical in helping deliver products and services to clients. You won’t be alone. We have great team members willing to share, help, and teach, which is invaluable to those who are eager to take ownership of their professional development.
You must be driven to learn as a person and develop as a professional. We value collaboration and the ability to quickly respond to change. A successful candidate must be able to connect and work with a wide variety of people, earn their respect, and demonstrate the ability to continuously improve their understanding of the applications, platforms, and systems involved in each project.
We are looking for dynamic and energetic Business Analyst to help diagnosis and provide product support for smartOne Prepaid Incentive and Disbursement card products.
The primary responsibility is to provide production support of the applications used by clients and team members to apply, order, fulfill, transact and administer their smartOne Prepaid card programs. We develop and host all of our own applications and require technical professionals to support their operations. This role is critical to the daily operations and customer satisfaction. You will be the one we go to when a client or team member is experiencing an issue. You will become the subject matter expert in the technical operations of our business.
You will also be responsible for analyzing any reported issue and determining if it was user error, system setting conflicts or a system defect. You will be the primary product owner for an off-shore development team dedicated to this business and will coordinate with business resources to identify and correct system defects that are detected and reported. You will perform QA test analyses and complete issue resolutions assessment of business and project requirements. As the functional SME you will be asked to use this knowledge to help us shape our award winning products and solutions.
- You will play an integral role in all technical operations, new development and generally the go-to person that keeps the business functioning. This role is the key cog in operating and growing the business.
- Design, implement, and unit test high-quality solutions for our clients
- Write test scripts and perform/coordinate UAT prior to releases
- Strive to become a subject matter expert through formal training, OJT, and self directed studies.
- Learn language and terminology differences and establish rapport and confidence with our clients, vendors and internal departments.
- Identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional analysis. Working with our clients and team members to identify requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Participate and contribute solutions in transition meetings and assist in researching and documenting solutions for our business.
- Candidate must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to discuss business requirements and articulate complex technical concepts is an absolute necessity.
- Continuously strive to learn about industry trends and regulations associated with the prepaid card industry.
Education / Experience and Skills/Attributes
- Four year college degree and 2 to 5 years of professional experience is required.
- Although not a requirement, candidates with prior experience performing client business analyst in financial services or retail setting will receive significant consideration.
- Knowledge of payment card processing; a must
- Knowledge of prepaid card processing; very helpful
- Knowledge of incentive & disbursement products; a bonus
- Passionate about helping clients and team members
- Understanding of Agile / Scrum software development methodologies
- Facilitate meetings/conference calls with BAs, DBAs, data architects, product teams to understand business processes.
- Strong root cause, problem solving, and issue resolution skills
- Provided timely updates to business customers on critical production processes
- Developed detailed SQL queries for process analysis and monitoring
- Experience with sorting and analyzing report data is a plus
- Familiar with Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills [http://www.it-career-coach.net/category/communication-skills/].
- Consultative and team-oriented
- Excellent work ethic
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
Job: Business Systems
Primary Location: US-GA-Alpharetta
Organization: Skylight Financial, Inc.
Recruiter: LaVonne Sheets
TSYS - 30+ days ago
44 million times each day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses across the world by processing a payment. We make it...