Job Posting Title: Production Support Tech II
Pay Grade: S20
Location: Deer Valley
Posting End Date: 7/18/2012 (or until filled)
Serves as second-tier support in responding to and diagnosing production support problems. Interacts effectively with internal customers and appropriate system vendors to conduct necessary research to resolve issues. Ensures documentation standards and procedures for operations are in place. Actively seeks opportunities for process improvement. Provides system maintenance and support for desktop/laptop computer systems, network components, analog and digital telecommunications, and other systems as required. Creates documentation and provides a means to verify the integrity of existing infrastructure. May work on-call to support emergencies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
- Provides technical support and resolution of internal and external customers/users on advanced hardware, network, and software and application problems.
- Identifies customer concerns and escalates customer issues expediently and accurately within documented timeframes.
- Follows established procedures to document problems and recommends modifications to procedures as required.
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
- Performs data analysis using appropriate tools and system transactions to support recommendations.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Troubleshoots and restores technical service and equipment issues by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes, scripts, and procedures.
- Helps identify and analyze problem causes, patterns, and trends.
- Recommends corrective action where appropriate.
- Provides mentoring for first tier technicians.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
2 - 5 years experience working in IT support industry or equivalent experience.
Information Technology certifications is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems and explain solutions in concise manner.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stress in dealing with emotionally charged customer situations.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and independent.
- Demonstrated ability to change direction quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and industry, including training and scheduling needs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task & prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a quality-focused team and customer orientated environment.or more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications - 10 months ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial c...