At Elkay, we pride ourselves in our exceptional employees, our valued customers, our high quality products, and our commitment to being in business forever through continued process improvement and innovation. As a financially stable, privately-owned company, ethics, values, integrity and trust remain the driving force in our culture.
It’s Elkay’s people who really give us our edge. Our employees’ commitment to delivering ever-higher levels of excellence drives our reputation for quality and integrity. It also fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today’s leading international manufacturers of plumbing, water dispensing, and cabinetry products. For a career filled with challenges, growth and rewards, and an exceptional benefits package which speaks to how we value our employees, talk to us about joining the Elkay family.
We are seeking a talented, collaborative Production Supervisor to facilitate, coach and mentor team members in our manufacturing environment within our Waconia cabinet facility.
Specific Duties Include:
- Participate in establishing goals and standards of performance for the reporting areas. Plan, schedule and assign the work of the department and maintain work efficiency at the highest possible level at the lowest possible cost.
- Lead, organize, train and coach teams to reduce waiting time between operations, distance between operations and inventory processes. Responsible for continual and rapid improvement in operations to meet basic customer needs.
- Continuously monitor the quality of the work and production efficiency in the department and take necessary corrective action to remedy deficiencies. Motivate department leaders and production staff to achieve continuously increasing productivity. Appraise performance of all department personnel on a continuous basis.
- Investigate and identify production issues, determine and remedy causes to failure to meet quality and quality standards, advise and assist the appropriate manufacturing support departments with the implementation of corrective action. Arrange for proper maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Participate in preparation and recommendation of the operating and capital budgets for the production area and continuously review and control expenditures against such budget.
- Implement safety programs and policies and conduct safety training. Investigate all injuries and near misses and impalement corrective actions.
- Continuously seek cost reductions and recommend improvements to procedures, process, equipment and layout.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous cabinet experience is preferred. Packaging engineering experience preferred. Familiarity with woodworking tools processes and equipment is a plus.
- High school degree is required, Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with efficiency and effectiveness metrics is strongly preferred.
- Must have understanding of LEAN concepts. Experience with Lead and/or Six Sigma strongly desired.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and basic computer programs is required.