The Production Technician I is responsible for filling
the roles of 1 or 2 of the Floor Director, Graphics
Operator, and Robotics Operator positions as needed to
support the live show.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
elements in studios are properly in place for air.
- Ensure that set pieces, cameras, and other production
- Clean up/strike studios and equipment after show is
jib and handheld cameras. Properly and safely set up and
- Manage robotic and manual camera systems, including
move cameras between studios. Safely and efficiently lay
out/coil camera cables for shows.
Quickly and accurately frame necessary shots during live
- Operate jib, handheld and studio configured cameras.
shows using basic shot composition skills and
white-balance and color correction procedures.
special needs (i.e. dim studio lights, place floor
- Operate light board, including any show-specific
address appropriately (change lamps, notify lighting).
- Check studio lights for non working fixtures and
air talent, assisting talent with proper pack and
- Distribute and collect microphone and IFB packs to on
element placement. Communicate to audio tech which
microphones are being used (and for what purpose) during
escorting talent to and from studios and giving verbal
- Assist on air talent during shows. This includes
and non-verbal cues during shows. Maintain informative
dialogue between control room personnel and
guests/models, including answering all questions
pertaining to show execution, set design, and guest
requests before, during, and after show.
Robotic Camera Operator:
user profile, save shots, run saved camera moves, and
- Use robotic camera software efficiently to create a
perform basic troubleshooting.
minimal or no assistance given by the director.
- Quickly and accurately frame shots for all shows, with
shade cameras for shows.
- Camera setup: Quickly and accurately white balance and
shows to ensure proper video levels.
- Read the waveform monitor and vectorscope during live
source pots on command with accurate timing in regards
- Audio console operation: Bring up and cut correct
to the show. Read audio meters to ensure proper audio
appropriate start and end points.
- VTR operation: Playback, record, and cue videotape at
- Must be proficient in VIZRT graphics hardware and
and specific information related to on air Graphics.
- Build, check, and edit each show’s graphic elements
identifying possible inconsistencies
- Update graphics and communicate changes to the team,
Production Management team.
- Execute all shows accurately as instructed by the
- Possess a thorough understanding of the ShopNBC
- Responsible for working in the Control Room on a daily
Work Schedule: We are looking for someone that can work
part-time, 2nd shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
crew headset units and allocation
- Responsible for maintaining current inventory of
and IFB unit designation and trouble-shooting,
- Responsible for guest and host lavaliere microphone
including proper placement of said units on guests
monitor upkeep in all 4 major studios, including
- Responsible for computer monitor and television
accessing company-wide vvnet access
production department and guests/models, including
- Responsible for informative dialogue between
answering all questions pertaining to show
execution, set designation, and guest requests
during, before, and after show commences
supervision to floor crew including Visuals
- Responsible for maintaining leadership and
Stylists, Freelance, and Camera Operators
and after physical movement from studio to studio
- Responsible for upkeep and care of cameras during
education and experience in a related field.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of
and work out problems quickly in a fast-paced television
- Television production or related work experience.
- Strong troubleshooting capability, able to identify
- Excellent communication, stress management, and multi
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and problem
and correct before they hit the air is essential.
- Strong attention to detail,
- Able to identify potential errors, determine a fix,
cross functional teams.
- Able to partner with and meet the demands of multiple
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Production Tech II > Senior Production Tech > Production
Manager > Production Director
ShopHQ - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
At ShopHQ we create the ultimate interactive shopping experience by uniting live TV, online and mobile shopping opportunities with social...