Videography and/or directing of locally produced programs, promotional materials, sporting events, educational and governmental information and other programs broadcast on the City of Gillette’s Public Access channels.
Works in the studio and on location as required. Operates camera, sound board and/or other production equipment. Assists and/or runs camera(s) and related equipment. Monitors lighting, sound, background and other items associated with directing a program.
Assists with set-up, production and break down of live and taped remote broadcast. Arranges equipment and strings cables.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- A high school diploma, or enrolled in high school, or GED AND willingness to learn relevant television production, graphics, videography skills or closely related experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of applicable city, county, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, regulations, administrative orders, case law and other governing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the City’s and the Department’s policies and procedures.
- Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying relevant city, county, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, regulations, administrative orders, case law and other governing rules and regulations.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, other City employees, representatives from other city, county, state and/or Federal agencies, general public and/or others having business with the City of Gillette.
- Skill in operating a variety of cameras, control boards and other studio equipment.
To apply: Complete a City of Gillette application available on-line through IT Application Process or through the Human Resource Department 201 East 5th St, Gillette WY 82716.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials and/or other items weighing up to 48 pounds.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals and infectious diseases.
- May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.
- May be subject to call out and/or call-back.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required. EOE
City of Gillette, WY - 15 months ago