The Production Technicians are responsible for the safe and efficient operations of each chemical manufacturing unit at the Luling Plant. The role will be responsible for the monitoring and control of the process from a control room environment as well as be responsible for field operations and monitoring with in the process structure. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintain a complete understanding of all operating procedures, compliance requirements (OSHA, DOT, ISO etcc), plant quality and safety procedures and perform job duties in accordance.
Monitor and control the unit operations via DSC systems
Utilize IP21 and other technology to monitor and troubleshoot process and equipment operations.
Maintain complete communications documents including production log sheets and downtime records
Provide information regarding operations and issues to appropriate resources including engineers and management.
Complete notifications of equipment malfunctions
Monitor the equipment and operations in the field
Take samples for quality control and regulatory pursposes
Make necessary process adjustments based on data input
Maintain good housekeeping
As necessary perform container loading and unloading tasks
Participate in optimization efforts
Maintain compliance with all training needs. · High School Diploma or GED Certificate required
- Successful completion of pre-employment aptitude test, structured interview, and skills assessment
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb, work inside/outdoor environments, high places, and confined spaces
- High safety and environmental awareness
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt to change and function in a self-directed and team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups of people
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts
- Ability to routinely lift and transport loads up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Associates Degree in Process Technology
- Previous experience in a Chemical Manufacturing environment
- Experience or understanding of plant operations with Distributive Control Systems
Monsanto - 15 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...