For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE: WAT) with more than 5,000 employees and is represented in 85 countries around the world.
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Production Technician to join our Global Machining/Manufacturing Organization. In this role, the individual will be able to work in our state of the art Global Machining Center here in our Milford, Ma Headquarters. This position (Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM) will perform all basic setups and operation of precision mechanical assembly functions associated with the equipment in the Conventional Department White Rooms and Machining area.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot electro/mechanical problems in a variety of instruments and equipment.
- Ability to effectively lead a department team in the assembly & test of a various electro/mechanical instruments and assemblies to meet department goals and objectives.
- Keep shift focused on “team” performance.
- Promotes a positive “can do” attitude thru demonstrated behaviors and leadership.
- Individual willing to assist Supervisor in day to day activities from managing Production schedule.
- Working with department supervisor and other personnel, aid in solving problems such as workflow, quality issues, productivity issues, etc. Utilize tools of team excellence to achieve satisfactory results.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation (procedures, process sheets, drawings, etc) while assuring that department personnel are trained and compliant with processes and procedures.
- Strong computer skills to assist in the documentation and analysis of department metrics.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to train department employees.
- Ability to work effectively in both an individual and team environment.
- Basic chemical knowledge, preparation and usage skills.
- Basic data collection, graphing, and interpretation skills.
- Ability to work non-standard/additional hours when necessary based on production demands.
Minimum qualifications to include one of the following:
Waters Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Associates Degree in Electro/Mechanical with two years experience or equivalent.
- High School and additional post secondary education with 4 years experience or equivalent.
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...