Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) in Redmond, Washington is a $100M division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EmPower® product line. We are also the world’s leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our CorePower® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at a 41% average growth rate over the last 5 years. Astronics AES has over 300 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 7 years consecutively.
Job incumbent will work proficiently in a fast passed production-line environment and conduct a variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure units function according to specification or to determine cause of unit failure.
Major Job Activities:
Education and Experience:
- Read test schedules, work orders, test manuals, and performance specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics to determine testing procedures and equipment used.
- Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and parts as specified in process documents.
- Connect units to be tested to test equipment.
- Record test data and create failure reports.
- Analyze test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
- Associates degree from two-year college or technical school and t
- wo years related experience.
Competencies & Requirements:
Ability to troubleshoot failures to the component level.
Ability to work on end items as well as circuit cards.
- Basic computer skills for enter time card, failure reports, and other job related activities.
- Knowledge and previous experience in environmental testing a plus.
- Experience with high power products a plus.
- Aerospace or medical industry experience/background is preferred.
- Knowledge in Lean and 5-S is helpful.
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or marital status.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam EraIt is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, Gayle Keenan, in Human Resources, during regular business hours.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.