Auto req ID 10128BR
Job Title Production Worker
Business Unit Milgard Manufacturing
Job Posting Category Production/Operation
City Simi Valley
Country United States
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Production workers must be able to understand instructions whether they are written or verbal, and follow said instructions. They are to complete their work with accuracy and efficiency. They must be able to construct windows in all different phases, including glass department, or aluminum department. The nature of all production positions is repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
Key Duties OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the following commitments are met and improved upon as outlined in the MPS Plan Document: On-Time Delivery, Quality, Units per Man Hour, Safety, Housekeeping, and Waste.
- Creates and executes MPS plans, meets MPS commitments and works within the guidelines of MPS; reflects Milgard's business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
- Incorporates Milgard's vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Adheres to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- One year of production experience or similar preferred.
- Two to three years of work experience.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Read a tape measure.
- Math skills.
- Read/write English.
- Keep MPS commitments.
- Operate various tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
PHYSICAL Requirements :
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- May be required to frequently lift up to 60 lbs.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Overtime is required, including weekends.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Hearing protection and safety glasses required, additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
- Work surfaces are primarily concrete with anti-fatigue mats provided where feasible. Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 13 hours a day.
- Employee is regularly exposed to vibration.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
- Noise level in work environment is usually loud.
Milgard offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
E-Verify English Milgard is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Milgard is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-Verity Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco - 12 months ago
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...