Perform simple and routine, manual and machine related operations in connection with assembling and packaging of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with machine control panels to operate packaging line.
- Operate a forklift
- Inspect quality of incoming materials and packaged product according to specifications.
- Complete paperwork in conjunction with quality inspections and production counting.
- Oberserve and detect malfunctions of machine
- Place packaging materials accurately in/or around the packaging line equipment
- Lift and stack product off and on production packaging line.
- Work safely and maintain a clean work area.
- Cleaning facility, equipment and bins.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Forklift experience desired
- Leadership experience desired
- Dependable and Punctual.
- Positive "Can-Do" Attitude.
- Basic computer skills
- Abide by all safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions as the weather and situations dictates.
- Willingness to be flexible with both work schedules and assignment of duties.
- Ability to work independently with constant supervision.
- Great organizational skills and ability to prioritize work load.
- Ability to read and interpret written communication and instructions.
- The employee must be able to work in a fast paced environment, controlled by machine speed.
- Able to lift 60 pounds.
- Ability to do basic math and perform mathematical operations using units of weight, volume and distance measurements.
- The employee must have good manual dexterity.
- Prefer High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate with supervision and co-workers effectively.
- Perform basic mathematical functions.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Work space is a hot environment.
- Fast paced environment; controlled by machine speed.
- Noise level may range from light to heavy.
- Dress is casual. No open-toe shoes or tank style shirts. (Safety toe shoes are required and will be provided)
- Work schedule is 6am - 5pm, Monday thru Thursday, however, the employee must be flexible on shift length. Overtime is scheduled and expected to be worked.
- This position will require that a person be of generally good physical health and fitness.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to grasp, handle or touch; reach with hands and arms, forward and overhead; talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time.
- The employee will be required to climb a ladder
- The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee must lift and move up to 60 pounds.
RiceTec, Inc. - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard