Job Title: Products & Services Design Engineer
Job ID: 100493
Location: New Jersey, Jersey City
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager level: Manager
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
This is a senior level position requiring a strong background in network, platform (Windows, Unix and Linux), and storage technologies to provide leadership and consultation in assessment and design for the implementation of engineered products and services being introduced into the environment.
- Manages the scalable and flexible products & services catalogs and design specifications for Engineering and Factory Models.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence and interact effectively with all levels of technical management, developers, engineers and clients.
- Requires extensive & strong background in cross technologies such as network, platform, middleware, database and storage.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of standards and best practices to deliver best in class client experience, to drive operations transformation & continuous improvements to meet business strategy.
- Provides product and solutions design support to enterprise engineering, application engineering, architecture and application development.
- Requires management experience, strong decision making ability and willingness to support changing department initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop documentation (systems of record) of the design specifications and bill of materials
- Assist clients with the definition and development of requirements, assumptions, constraints, & performance and capacity needs
- Produce finalized system and network diagrams and build specification with CapEx/Opex details for engineering and L1/L2 teams
- Develop and document technology designs of products and services for enterprise engineering in support of business and technology initiatives
- Provide technical consultation to internal groups and technical management to ensure alignment with the enterprise architecture and business strategy
- Works closely with enterprise engineering, architecture, application and governance groups to deliver projects and to ensure operational efficiency and reliability
- Accountable for developing integrated solutions from customer requirements utilizing both engineered standards and market available solutions to deliver superior results for all stakeholders
- Participates in the strategic planning of the infrastructure development life cycle
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of service engineering, delivery, and operational practices
- Recommends technology strategies and designs consistent with corporate objectives and client requirements
- Assist in the development of design lifecycle strategy (current, emerging, sunset) and procurement strategies
- Maintains the culture and conditions that make service excellence possible and worthwhile
- Assist in the development of engineering & operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, & optimize delivery times (value streams optimization)
- Responsible for management and maintenance of SOR and design specifications
- Responsible for lifecycle management of the system of records to ensure alignment with enterprise engineering and application development lifecycle.
- Ensures compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ensures compliance with TD Ameritrade Inc. policies and procedures
- Exercises strong decision making skills and enforce company policies in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures
- Must be capable of interacting, collaborating and influencing multiple layers of management and technologist across TDA in order to achieve strategic goals. Candidate must be capable of directing and communicating with engineers and technical resources and have the ability to clearly articulate goals and strategies to senior management.
- Candidate must be capable of quickly responding and adapting to changes in technology and business requirement while ensure alignment to Organization standards
- Responsible for creating integrated technology solutions utilizing Engineered Certified products or be capable of working with Engineering to develop custom solutions when necessary
- Education Level: 4 Year College Degree
- Education Level Preferred: Graduate Degree
- Major Required: Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Technology, Science
- Total years related experience: 15
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing enterprise network, platform, and storage services
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in network, platform, and storage engineering and/or operations
- Experience with networks supporting distributed enterprise applications
- Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background is a plus
- Experience with Six-Sigma, LEAN, & ITIL concepts is a plus
- Platform Engineering experience for Unix / Linux / Windows
- Storage Networking experience with EMC / Fujitsu / Director Class Switches
- Network and/or IT certification (CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, ITIL, MCSE) or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking, including minimally the following:
- Hardware: Cisco, Juniper, Citrix, and Riverbed
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HSRP/VRRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, MCAST, QoS, WCCP, SIP, and IPSEC
- Infrastructure: LAN, WAN, MAN, MPLS, & Wireless
- Experience with principal network equipment vendors (e.g. Cisco, F5, Juniper), carriers (e.g. Verizon, AT&T, Sprint) and should include current network technologies (e.g., VPN, firewalls, switching, VLANs, QoS, load balancing, MPLS, VOIP)
- Experience with Cisco Call Center Technologies such as Cisco ICM and CVP Platforms
- Experience with SIP and H.323 protocols
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be extremely flexible due to the changing priority of project initiatives
- Must possess superior interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Must have great attention to detail in planning and documentation
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and client-focused
TD Ameritrade - 4 months ago
If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when you...