SGI is focused on helping customers solve their most demanding technology challenges by delivering high performance computing, server, storage, data center and cloud computing solutions and professional services.
Come join a highly technical team focused on project development, implementation, support, and growth in the latest Satellite Imagery collection and management system. You will be a key figure in keeping the program on track and delivering results to the customer.
The position will be responsible for the initial implementation, support, and administration of a 7x24 operational SGI storage and Redhat Linux server platform. On Call rotation may be needed if additional software experience is needed to correct a system interrupt. Administration of a hierarchical storage management system using SGI's Data Migration Facility software and LiveArc suite for imagery management. Flexibility and excellent time management skills are required to meet project schedules. Ability to present progress to technical and non-technical stake holders. Work within a small SGI team environment.
SGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- SGI DMF/Storage experience in an HPC or cluster environment (5-10yrs)
- Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) experience with our Filetek purchase is possible.
- Comfortable in a customer facing 7x24hr operational environment.
- Familiar with Brocade line of switches (FWS, FCX, MLXe, DCX…)
- Mid-level Redhat Linux Admin experience with Shell scripting ability
- Ability to acquire a security clearance
- Work within a small focused and flexible team
SGI is a leader in HPC and data management. We develop, market and sell a broad line of low-cost, mid-range and high-end computing servers,...