Peter Taylor Engineer & Land Surveying, Inc., with over 40 years in business on Kauai, Hawaii is seeking an experienced licensed Professional Civil Engineer to join our team.
We are a full service consulting engineering firm with expertise and specialization in civil, structural, mechanical engineering, and land surveying. Clients include private residential and commercial land owners, government agencies, manufacturers, insurance companies, resorts, and Condominium Associations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
-Licensed Civil Engineer or ability to register as a Professional Engineer in Hawaii
-5 or more years of specific Civil Engineering experience
-Resourceful in developing solutions and acquiring information
-Ability to make independent judgments on engineering issues
-Possess strong communication and coordination skills
- Computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
-Work effectively both independently and as team member and a people person
- Experience managing own projects, communicating well with clients.
- Experience reading legal descriptions, surveys, and easements..
-Proficient in the use and possesses expert knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
-Working knowledge of Microstation and Microsoft Office applications
-Experience in Structural design a plus
-Must be willing to relocate to Kauai, Hawaii
- Design, prepare, and/or process subdivision plans, roadway plans, waterline plans, grading plans, Condominium Property Regime maps, Flood studies, septic systems, permit processing, ADU processing, and water meter plans
-Ensure all project contracts and design packages are complete and encompass the entire project scope.
- Communicate with and establish effective working relationships with clients and other external entities to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
-Make contacts and develop business relationships with customers, subcontractors, and government officials
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience (Hourly), Health Insurance, Simple IRA program.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and references via email or fax to 808-245-8928